Helping You Overcome Insurmountable Credit Card Debt
Credit card debt can quickly accumulate, before you realize that you lack the means to pay back the debt. This mounting debt can lead to steep interest charges, calls from creditors and more.
When your credit card debt becomes insurmountable, the attorneys at O'Bryan Law Offices can explore your options. Assisting individuals and families across Kentuckiana for the past 30 years, we provide the knowledgeable, tailored strategy you need to find debt relief.
Exploring Your Options To Eliminate Credit Debt
When you find yourself unable to make even minimum payments and receiving constant credit harassment calls, it may be time to consider your options.
You may have several options to relieve yourself of overwhelming credit card debt:
- File for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Chapter 7, one of the most common types of bankruptcy, can discharge your unsecured debts, which typically includes credit card debt.
- File for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. When you have income and assets, Chapter 13 can allow for a partial reduction of unsecured debts and workable payment plan.
- Consolidate your debt. If you have multiple credit cards with varying interest rates, consolidating your debts can potentially save money and keep you organized.
- Pursue debt settlement. This is essentially an agreement with your creditor to pay a slightly reduced amount of what you owe to settle the debt, rather than not pay at all.
- Pay it off. Of course, paying the debt off is an option. However, when you struggle to meet the minimum payment, paying it off in full can be a long, expensive process.
Filing for bankruptcy may seem unsettling. However, it may be the right option to help you start fresh. We will discuss the options available for your unique situation.
The Advantage We Provide
Our attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience. We prioritize financial literacy, consistently ensuring our clients fully understand their options, the potential impact of their decisions and bankruptcy myths. As a testament to this commitment, founding attorney Julie O’Bryan is board-certified in consumer bankruptcy, a distinction that only a few across Kentucky hold.
Consult With Our Skilled Lawyers
When finding a way out of your credit card debt seems impossible, we can identify a path to financial independence. Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation. We have offices in Louisville, Frankfort and New Albany. Call us at 502-400-4020 or contact us online.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.