Helping To Maintain Your Financial Independence
After filing for bankruptcy, you may experience immense relief. However, in the months and years following bankruptcy, you may have questions on rebuilding your credit and furthering your progress.
The lawyers at O'Bryan Law Offices assist with navigating your financial life after bankruptcy. We have over 50 years of combined experience in assisting individuals and families across Kentuckiana. Our family-based firm will address your concerns that arise before, during and after bankruptcy.
How We Help Our Clients
When choosing a Bankruptcy Attorney, it is important to understand not only how your attorney is going to represent you in the courtroom but how are they going to help you set yourself up for a successful life after bankruptcy. Here are some of the many ways that we help our clients post filing:
- FREE Enrollment in 7 Steps to a 720 Credit Score Program ($1,000 value)
- FREE EBook entitled, Success After Bankruptcy
- FREE Ebook entitled, Rebuilding Your Life
- We provide a copy of your credit report so that you know your starting point
Our goal is to provide our clients with as many resources as possible to get the fresh start they deserve and the guidance to take back control of their financial life!
Taking Intentional Steps To Rebuild Your Credit
Bankruptcy can leave a negative impact on your credit score. Fortunately, you can take steps to rebuild your credit score almost immediately, including:
- Applying for a secured credit card. A secured credit card can prove your ability to take on responsible debt. Many of our clients receive credit card offers within weeks after bankruptcy.
- Making payments on time. Consistently making timely payments to credit card balances, loans, utilities and more can go a long way for your credit.
- Checking your credit report. You can check your credit report annually from three federal bureaus. Reviewing this can ensure there are no errors that could further harm your credit.
While restoring your credit can take time and patience, it is not an impossible task. We focus on financial literacy and even offer an informational e-Book on restoring credit. We encourage you to seek guidance from your lawyer on proactive measures to take to improve your financial life following bankruptcy.
Purchasing A House Or Car Following Bankruptcy
After losing your home or car in bankruptcy, you may be hesitant to make such a large investment again. You may be even more hesitant about the process to qualify for an optimal loan or interest rate.
However, through responsible credit-building practices, you could qualify for a favorable car loan within a year or two and potentially purchase a house within two years. Our lawyers are well-connected throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana. When you need assistance in finding the right mortgage lender, realtor or more, you can trust in our reputable network of resources.
Discuss Your Concerns With An Attorney
You may have questions about productively moving forward. Schedule a free initial consultation at one of our offices to learn how we can assist. We are conveniently located in Louisville, Frankfort and New Albany. Call us at 502-400-4020 or contact us online.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.